Everyone has a few things that bother them. While most folks are taking time to be thankful and forgiving, I thought I’d go straight in the opposite direction. Following is a list of things that irritate me like fingernails on a blackboard:
- Fingernails on a blackboard
- People in the passing lane that drive slower than people in the right lane
- Traffic in general
- The McRib
- Rude Customer Service Representatives – I mean really – isn’t that an oxymoron?
- Parking meters
- Driving in downtown, anywhere downtown, traffic. What’s with all the one-way streets??
- People with the “My Kid’s on the Honor Roll” bumper stickers. Really? Well my kid got a C in Algebra by 1 point so lay off already will ya? (Except for that year my kid WAS on the Honor Roll then of course I proudly displayed my bumper sticker and curiously those people didn’t irritate me nearly so much)
- Having the sniffles
- Weathermen who predict snow and then talk about it for a week and it never happens.
- Miranda Lambert
- Showers in hotels that when you adjust a millimeter to the left get ice-cold and adjust a millimeter to the right get boiling hot.
- Airport Security – I know it’s necessary and I don’t fight it but I don’t have to like it so I don’t!
- When your favorite pair of socks get a hole in the heel and you have to throw them away because you’re the Mom and that’s what you tell everyone else in the house they have to do.
- Running out of wine
- Running out of vodka
- Running out of rum . . . wait this is taking a wrong turn
- Running out of milk
- When you’ve been waiting in line for 15 minutes and just as it’s your turn a new register opens.
- Vegans – they make me feel so damn guilty!
- Kelly Rippa
- Writer’s Block
- Twilight Haters – you don’t have to read the books and you don’t have to watch the movies, but let me enjoy my werewolves and vampires ok?
- Chain Letters – which have now turned into Facebook posts about fighting cancer or hunger or being kind to animals and if you don’t copy and post to your status for 1 hour you are the root of all evil.
- People who serve real cranberries for Thanksgiving. I want the slippery, slimy sauce out of the can like Mom used to make.
- Anything, or anyone, that happens before my first cup of coffee.
- Finally, and most importantly: Crabby critical people who like to make lists of things that bug them. Hmm . . . wait a minute . . .
My biggest pet peeve this week is people who leisurely hang out and socialize in the front entrance of the grocery store with empty carts. They block every one else out and act clueless. Serious, serious pet peeve.
I am with you on that one! I just got back from the grocery store, my third trip of the week and probably not my last, and there was a family of four leisurely strolling through the parking lot. Meanwhile 20 more angry middle age women were behind me itching to find that last parking space in the lot. Craziness!
Clever. Well written. I’ll be stopping by more often.
Thank you for the compliments! Greatly appreciated.